The ICS in conjunction with Practical Medicine “Gynecology and Obstetrics” will be hosting an education course in Poland. The course will be an add-on to the 9th Practical Medicine Conference 2012 and will be held 22-23rd November 2012.
The focus of this course will be to improve the knowledge of medical professionals in the following areas:
- The mechanisms of childbirth-induced pelvic floor dysfunction.
- To review the evidence-based obstetric practice on prevention of pelvic floor dysfunction.
- To improve the management of childbirth-induced pelvic floor dysfunction.
- To explain mechanisms of new therapeutic interventions for female LUTS.
- The local hosts for this event are Tomasz Rechberger and Diaa Rizk.
The ICS Speakers and their topics for this event will be as follows:
- Stefano Salvatore –Obstetric injuries to pelvic floor- how to avoid and how to manage?
Evolution of surgical methods in the treatment of faecal and urinary incontinence- what are the new perspectives?
- Alois Martan- Surgical procedure for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence.
Ultrasound examination of patients before and after vaginal tape antiincontionence surgery.
New therapeutic interventions for female
LUTS – (SNS and Botulinum toxin injections)
- Annette Kuhn- Periurethral injections- when and how?
New therapeutic interventions for LUTS (SNS and Botulinum toxin injections)
- Piotr Radziszewski- The prevalence and management of LUTS in women. Therapeutic options for patients with overactive bladder symptoms and recurrent urinary tract infections.
Urodynamics studies in female LUTS- when we really need them.
- Rona Mackenzie- Post-natal bladder and bowel management- a nursing perspective.
Please see the below link entitled Course Information for a copy of the event programme.