|Category||Reconstructive Surgery. Pelvic Organ Prolapse|
|Keywords||Sacrocolpoperineopexy Apical Prolapse Repair Minimally Invasive Surgery (Laparoscopic)|
|Target Audience||Urologic and Gynecologic surgeons with moderate laparoscopic skills wanting to expand their surgical horizons to include advanced laparoscopic pelvic reconstructive techniques.|
|Aims and Objectives|
- To review the pertinent anatomy pursuant to laparoscopic pelvic reconstructive surgery.
- To discuss the advantages and disadvantages of laparoscopic repairs.
- To describe the Laparoscopic Abdominal Sacralcolpoperineopexy (LASCP) technique, with and without Robotic Assistance, as well as reveal laparoscopic “pearls” to make the job easier.
- To review the evidence-based literature about these repairs
- To answer the question: "The uterus: does it need to come out?"
- To discuss the addition of concomitant procedures to the LASCP.