||anal sphincter third and fourth degree tears anal incontinence
||Obstetricians, gynaecologists, urogynaecologists, midwives, physiotherapists, continence nurses, colorectal surgeons
Aims and Objectives
To learn how to identify, repair and manage primary obstetric anal sphincter injuries.
Objectives: (delegates will also have the opportunity to discuss these topics on an individual basis)
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the anal sphincter.
- Learn the technique and interpretation of endoanal ultrasound
- Recognise and classify anal sphincter injury
- Observe a live video on diagnosis and repair
- Have hands on experience of repairing pig anal sphincters
- Understand the dilemmas regarding prevention and management of subsequent pregnancies
- Labour Ward protocol
- Have insight into the complications of anal sphincter trauma
- Set up a perineal clinic
- Skills to run a perineal trauma course