||Obstetric anal sphincter injury Bowel dysfunction Management
||Urogynaecologists, Gynaecologists, Obstetricians, Colorectal Surgeons, Physiotherapists, Continence Nurses, Midwives
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this course is to learn how to evaluate and manage bowel dysfunction following obstetric anal sphincter injury (OASIS).
At the end of the workshop the participants should be able to:
• Understand the anatomy and physiology of the pelvic floor including the anal sphincter complex.
• Recognise and classify OASIS following endoanal ultrasound assessment
• Understand anorectal physiology following OASIS
• Identify and evaluate bowel dysfunction following OASIS
• Learn how to set up a dedicated one-stop OASIS clinic and manage subsequent deliveries
• Learn about the role of Physiotherapy management of bowel dysfunction following OASIS
• Understand the long-term consequences of OASIS