|Pelvic Floor Muscle Training Rehabilitation Electrotherapy
|This workshop is aimed at local practitioners, specifically physiotherapists and others interested in physiotherapy management. The course will be presented in both Italian and English to encourage local clinicians/physiotherapists to attend.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of this workshop are to provide:
- An understanding of physiotherapy assessment of UI and POP and the clinical reasoning to diagnose and plan the conservative management of UI & POP.
- An opportunity to revise functional anatomy of the pelvis and PFM.
- Principles of clinical assessment of pelvic floor dysfunction including PFM assessment.
- A forum to discuss the principles of teaching PFM exercise for motor control, strength training and functional training, including; rationale, evidence base, clinical application and progression.
- A basic understanding of the pelvic floor management in special populations - older age, pregnancy.
- Evidence for the use of electrical stimulation and biofeedback in pelvic floor dysfun
- Learning Objectives:
1. To understand the evidence for physiotherapy in the management of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.
2. To be able to teach an effective pelvic floor muscle exercise.
3. To understand how to alter assessment and management strategies for effective treatment of older adults and pregnant women.
4. To know when to apply electrical stimulation and biofeedback in a management program for pelvic floor dysfunction.