|Keywords||Pelvic Floor Muscle Training Rehabilitation Electrotherapy|
|Target Audience||This workshop is aimed at local practitioners, specifically physiotherapists and others interested in physiotherapy management. The course will be presented in both Italian and English to encourage local clinicians/physiotherapists to attend.|
|Aims and Objectives|
The aims of this workshop are to provide:
- An understanding of physiotherapy assessment of UI and POP and the clinical reasoning to diagnose and plan the conservative management of UI & POP.
- An opportunity to revise functional anatomy of the pelvis and PFM.
- Principles of clinical assessment of pelvic floor dysfunction including PFM assessment.
- A forum to discuss the principles of teaching PFM exercise for motor control, strength training and functional training, including; rationale, evidence base, clinical application and progression.
- A basic understanding of the pelvic floor management in special populations - older age, pregnancy.
- Evidence for the use of electrical stimulation and biofeedback in pelvic floor dysfun