||Pelvic Floor Muscle Training Rehabilitation Electrotherapy
||This workshop is aimed at local practitioners, specifically physiotherapists and others interested in physiotherapy management. The course will be presented in both Italian and English to encourage local clinicians/physiotherapists to attend.
Aims and Objectives
||The aims of this workshop are to provide:
1. An understanding of physiotherapy assessment of UI and POP and the clinical reasoning to diagnose and plan the conservative management of UI & POP.
2. An opportunity to revise functional anatomy of the pelvis and PFM.
3. Principles of clinical assessment of pelvic floor dysfunction including PFM assessment.
4. A forum to discuss the principles of teaching PFM exercise for motor control, strength training and functional training, including; rationale, evidence base, clinical application and progression.
5. A basic understanding of the pelvic floor management in special populations - older age, pregnancy.
6. Evidence for the use of electrical stimulation and biofeedback in pelvic floor dysfun