Abstract Submission Rules
1. Abstract Submission
- All submissions must be made via the ICS website www.ics.org/2018/abstracts before 3rd April.
- The ICS Scientific Committee will decide on the presentation category for presentation abstracts;
- Podium Presentation
- All accepted abstracts will be published on the ICS website exactly as submitted.
- Podium Presentations will be published in Neurourology & Urodynamics.
- View definitions of all presentation types at ICS Meetings
2. Anonymity for most objective review
- The abstract text must be anonymous. i.e. without any authors’ or institutions’ names. Do not include the name of the hospital, university or city.
- All abstract identification details, references, ethical approval, and disclosures will be taken separately as part of the online submission process and will be merged again with the abstract text after review.
3. Ethical approval
- A clear statement on ethical approval must be given, or stated as NONE.
- For studies in humans, ethical committee approval must be clearly identified and patients’ informed consent must be stated.
- For studies in animals, conformity with institutional/national guidelines for the care and use of animals must be declared, and when applicable the animal ethics committee be identified.
4. Disclosures and funding
- Any external funding of the study or grants must be declared or stated as NONE.
5. Abstract Formatting and Subtitles
- The format requested are "extended abstracts" which must be at least 1 full page but not more than 2 full pages.
- Do not use characters or symbols from any font set other than Arial.
- Images, figures, graphs and tables can be included in the abstract.
- Abstracts must use the sections given:
- Hypothesis / aims of study
- Study design, materials and methods
- Interpretation of results
- Concluding message
Missing sections will cause rejection.
6. Abstract Content
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- Abstracts previously published or presented at an international meeting, comparable to the ICS, are rejected.
- All abstracts must contain adequate data. Case reports or study proposals only will not be accepted.
- Strictly use ICS Terminology. Please note that the use of obsolete terminology may cause rejection. View current ICS Terminology reports.
- For studies comparing results between groups, sample size (power) calculations must be included.
- For RCTs any non-adherence to the CONSORT guidelines must be specified and justified.
- Studies must not be split into multiple abstracts. This could lead to each abstract being downgraded.
- Abstracts must specify either:
- Basic Science / Translational
- Abstracts must specify one Broad Category (*=New for 2018):
|Anatomy / Biomechanics
|Anorectal / Bowel Dysfunction
||Pelvic Organ Prolapse
|Continence Care Products / Devices / Technologies *
||Pelvic Pain Syndromes / Sexual Dysfunction
|Female Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) / Voiding Dysfunction
||Prevention and Public Health
|Female Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
||Prostatic Clinical/ Surgical *
|Geriatrics / Gerontology
||Quality of Life / Patient and Caregiver Experiences *
|Health Services Delivery
||Research Methods / Techniques
|Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) / Incontinence
||Urethra Male and Female *
- Abstracts must specify three Keywords but no more than five:
||Outcomes Research Methods
|Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
||Infection, Urinary Tract
||Painful Bladder Syndrome/Interstitial Cystitis (IC)
||Spinal Cord Injury
||Stem Cells / Tissue Engineering
|Bladder Outlet Obstruction
||Mathematical or statistical modelling
||Stress Urinary Incontinence
|Bowel Evacuation Dysfunction
||Mixed Urinary Incontinence
||Pelvic Organ Prolapse
||Urgency Urinary Incontinence
||Quality of Life (QoL)
- First Authors (presenters) can only be first authors on a maximum of three submitted abstracts.
8. Abstract References
- A maximum of 3 references must be listed separately, and referred to in the abstract text only with numbers in brackets.
9. Final Precautions
- Title only; NO author or institution details.
- Minimum 1 full page; maximum 2 pages, including tables and figures.
- All subtitle sections filled adequately.
- ICS-IUGA Standards in Terminology and guidelines adhered to.
- Ethical approval / Funding, - NOT in text.
- Author and institution, - NOT in text.
- References, ONLY numbers in brackets in text.
IF YOU VIOLATE ANY ABSTRACT SUBMISSION RULE, YOUR ABSTRACT WILL BE REJECTED
Loaded at : 12/07/2019 22:41:14