Your Presentation should be:
- 7 minutes of slides and oral presentation followed by
- 8 minutes of discussion and questions hosted by the chair
- Click here to find your presentation times
- You should arrive at your allocated session hall, introduce yourself to the session chair and familiarise yourself with the audio visual facilities at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session. Slides should have already been submitted in the Speaker Ready Room (see powerpoint slides section below)
- Chairs will be asked to strictly enforce the time limit on your talk. Your question time will not be considered as part of your presentation time. You should therefore practice your talk prior to the meeting with particular regard to the timing.
Your abstract will be available during the annual meeting via the ICS 2019 mobile app as well as being accessible to all via the 2019 programme on the website.
Discussion, Questions and Answers
At the end of your presentation you will be asked questions about your abstract. The Chair of your session will facilitate questions from the audience. If English is not your first language, and you need assistance, please bring someone to help you translate.
All Podium Powerpoint Presentations must begin with a completed ICS 2019 Disclosure Slide.
All presenters must bring their PowerPoint presentation on a USB key and submit this at the Speakers' Ready Room at least 1 hour before the start of the session. Staff will be available to help and this room will be clearly sign posted onsite. All presentations are saved on the meetings AV computer network that is supplied with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (at least). You will not be able to use your own laptop.
In preparing your slides, please pay special attention to:
- Correct spelling mistakes
- Choice of colour scheme for background and text (high contrast works best)
- Font size chosen (i.e. no smaller than 20 point)
- Avoid detailed tables and diagrams
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Important note for Apple/Macbook users
In order to use Mac presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- You may use your own Macintosh laptop computer as a back-up. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Please do not hesitate to contact the ICS Office email@example.com if you require any further information.