\na. Workshops can only have one Chairperson, who must be an ICS member.
\nb. Speakers do not need to be ICS members.
\nc. The number of allowed speakers is determined by the length of the workshop
\n60 minutes (Chair + 1-3 speakers)
\n90 minutes (Chair + Max 3 speakers)
\n180 minutes (Chair + Max 4 speakers
\nd. As Chair of your workshop you cannot Chair another workshop. You can submit more than one workshop but only one will be accepted.
\ne. As Chair of your workshop you should also present in the workshop.
\nf. Speakers and Chairs can only speak in a maximum of TWO workshops. Speakers can only be on a maximum of 4 submissions and therefore as Chair you must approach the speaker in advance that that they are aware of which submissions they have been added to.
\ng. A workshop Chair cannot be a paid employee of a company in a related industry, full or part time.
2. Chairs responsibilities
\na. All speakers and Chairs must complete a Disclosure form. It is the Chair’s responsibility to ensure that these are all completed and sent to the ICS office in due time.
\nb. It is the Chair’s responsibility to keep the speakers and the ICS office informed of any changes. Significant late changes may lead to cancellation of the workshop.
\nc. It is the responsibility of the Chair to invite all speakers and to organise them. Please check speaker availability before placing their name on the application form to avoid any changes – note rule1f. Should your application be accepted, the ICS office will require confirmation by all the speakers that they are willing to speak. This will be done via e-mail directly to the speakers requesting their confirmation of involvement. A deadline for confirmation will be given and speakers who do not confirm their involvement will not be included in the programme, and the workshop may be cancelled.
\nd. All speakers and Chairs need to register for the annual meeting but do not need to pay to attend their workshop. Please advise your speakers accordingly.
3. A workshop will not be accepted if it has run two years in a row. Exceptions to this are well attended workshops and ICS Core Curriculum workshops. A variation of the workshop may be accepted and in this case changes should be outlined in detail in the application.\n
4. The ICS Education Committee reserves the right to amend your application and choose the length for your workshop or suggest changes to speakers in order to maintain the scientific merit and diversity of the workshops and meeting. The Chair maintains the right to refuse the amendments and suggestions; however that may result in the workshop not being accepted for presentation.\n
5. All workshops are evaluated by the delegates who attend and by members of the ICS Education Committee. Please leave 5 minutes in your schedule to allow for delegates to complete the feedback with the ICS appThese evaluations are then reviewed in detail after the Annual Meeting and are used when future applications are made. Copies of the evaluations are sent to the workshop chairs after the Annual Meeting. It is the Chair’s responsibility to then send this evaluation to the workshop speakers.\n
6. Workshops which involve special requirements must be outlined in the application form i.e. additional computers, live surgery, anatomical specimens and anything required for practical demonstrations. Any requests not specifically detailed on the application may not be approved and may therefore reduce the overall educational quality of your workshop. These workshops may be subject to a higher registration fee to cover costs.\n
7. Chairs and speakers at workshops will not be paid an honorarium or travel expenses. However, individuals whose areas of expertise are not represented by ICS disciplines and would not normally be expected to attend the Annual Meeting and are not ICS members can be paid expenses when the Education Committee considers their contribution to be particularly important. These expenses need to be approved by the ICS in advance and therefore must be noted on the application form in the Special Requirements section. If you have any speakers that you think are in this category then please advise on the application and give the reasons why expenses should be covered. Requests for expenses will not be considered after approval of the workshop. Special registration rates are available for speakers who will attend the workshop only and not attend the annual meeting. Please advise in the application if any speaker fits into this category.\n
You will be notified by e-mail whether your application has been accepted normally by mid-February.\n
Download the Workshop Application Guidelines here.\n