The aim of the ICS Outstanding Achievement Award is to recognise and honour the hard work and dedication of those who freely give their time and energy to supporting and enhancing the society.
The award may be presented to an individual who has delivered an excellent publication/project, or series of publications or projects on behalf of ICS. The award may also recognise long and distinguished service to the society as a committee and/or working group member.
• Nominations may be made on behalf of individuals who are living at the time of the nomination.
• Candidates must be existing (or previous) members of the ICS.
• Candidates may be retired.
Nominations may be made by any ICS member, but candidates may not nominate themselves. ICS staff may also submit nominations.
Nominations should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
• A statement of no more than 300 words, written in English, summarising the candidate's accomplishments for which he or she is being nominated. This is for use on the ICS website.
• A summary of the terms of the various roles and terms held within the ICS. For example, committee member, working group member, annual meeting local organising committee representative, trustee. The ICS office can assist with supplying this information.
There is no restriction on the number of candidates that may be nominated by any individual.
There is no restriction on the number of nominators that may write nomination letters or that may sign a single nomination letter on behalf of a candidate.
Candidates will be considered by the Board of Trustees (or by a panel nominated by the Board). The ICS Board of Trustees will make the final decision and have the authority not to issue an award in any given year.
The ICS Outstanding Achievement Award will take the form of an inscribed plaque or framed certificate.
The awardee will be invited to the following annual meeting to receive the award and will receive:
• Free ICS membership for one year
• Free annual meeting registration
• An invitation to the Annual Dinner
The award closing date will be 5th January annually.