Would you like to make a difference to the future of the ICS? Now is your chance as numerous positions are available, including ICS Treasurer. The full list of committee, chair and Trustee positions that are open for application are detailed below. The deadline for all applications is 1st April 2016.
The following Trustee Positions are open for nominations:
• ICS Board of Trustees x 2 positions (1 x Treasurer and 1 x Trustee – any profession)
Download Trustee Application form
The following Elected Positions are available:
- Scientific Committee - Clinical Representative
- Scientific Committee – Nursing Representative
Download Elected Application form
The office has received candidate applications for the following Elected Positions:
- Children’s and Young Adults’ Committee - Chair
- Education Committee - Chair
- Publications & Communications Committee- Chair
- Scientific Committee - Chair
- Standardisation Steering Committee - Chair
As per the change in bylaws concerning Committee Chair positions, please see below, the ICS office will therefore not be seeking applications from ICS members.
Change to the bylaws concerning Committee Chair nominations
Please note the Board of Trustees agreed in Montreal to amend the bylaws concerning the Chair positions - these changes come into effect for all 2016 Committee Chair applications. In order to apply for a Committee Chair position you will need to be an existing or recent (within the past 5 years) committee member. Should no committee member (existing or recent) be willing to stand for the position then the ICS office will call for applications from the membership. All Chair nominations will go to membership vote (this remains unchanged in the bylaws.)
Please note that all elected positions (Trustee) require nominations from ICS members. So if you are interested in applying for an elected position then you will need to be nominated and seconded by a current ICS member. These nominations should be emailed to Nickie@ics.org
The following Committee Member Positions are available for Expressions of Interest:
• Children and Young Adults Committee - 1 position - Physiotherapist
• Ethics Committee – 5 positions (to include at least one nurse and one non-clinical representative)
• Neuro-urology Promotion Committee – 4 positions (to include at least one nurse and one colorectal representative)
• Nursing Committee – 1 position
• Publications & Communications Committee – 3 positions
• Physiotherapy Committee – 1 position
• Urodynamics Committee - 4 positions
Download Committee Application form
Deadline for all applications is 1st April 2016. For more information on any of the above positions please contact Nickie Robinson via email at email@example.com or call 0117 9444 881.
For a PDF version of this information, please click here
ICS policy on campaigning
Campaigning for ICS elected positions is not permitted by applicants or members. Any campaigning, be it positive or negative, will result in the disqualification of the candidate. The Board of Trustees’ judgement will be final in determining whether a candidate has engaged in positive or negative campaigning. Negative campaigning is not permitted by any candidate or ICS member and will be considered a violation of the ICS Code of Conduct. This policy is in effect at all times and for any position.
During the voting period candidates’ application forms will be circulated by the ICS office for all members to view. In addition, the ICS office will periodically contact all ICS members to encourage voting and provide direct links to the voting section of the ICS website.