Learn the 10 reasons you should submit an abstract for ICS 2016 from our Scientific Committee Chair, Nucelio Lemos.
- ***Present your research to an international interdisciplinary audience.***The ICS Annual Meeting is probably the most multiprofessionally balanced congress in the world. ICS’ Bylaws ensure that all committees and the Board of Trustees have designated seats for all professionals involved in pelvic floor disgnosis, treatment and research. Moreover, scientific sessions are designed to cover epidemiologic, clinical, surgical and basic science aspects of the designated topics. This creates the unique opportunity of presenting and discussing your work with urologist, gynecologists, colorectal surgeons, basic scientists, physiotherapists, nurses, geriatricians and neurologists from all parts of the world, from key opinion leaders to fellows and clinicians.
- Network with international leaders in the field of pelvic floor disorders. You will have the opportunity to discuss your findings with research and practice experts from around the globe. Hundreds of pelvic floor disorder experts from over 60 countries will be attending the ICS meeting.
- Make your abstract available to the major scientific databases. Abstracts selected for oral presentation are published as part of the scientific proceedings in the journal Neurourology and Urodynamics, which is indexed in major databases including MEDLINE/PubMed, Embase, SCOPUS and Web of Science.
- Benefit from an extended virtual reach. The ICS has thousands of hits through their website, e-mails, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter activity.
- Hear the most recent evidence, cutting edge scientific discoveries and controversies in continence at State of the Art Lectures and Roundtables, Podium and Poster presentations.
- Update your clinical practice by attending the 6th International Consultation on Incontinence. Being held in conjunction with ICS for the first time. The ICI will review the best available evidence to provide state of the art guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Network with a global community of researchers and clinicians to build new connections and collaborations.
- Graduates students and new researchers are encouraged to attend the Early Career Session.
- Learn new skills and explore focused topic areas in depth by attending educational workshops.
- Upgrade your CV. Presenting at an international meeting of the stature of the ICS will not only contribute to increasing your presentation skills and competence but is a significant addition to your resume in a perspective of career advancement.
Article by ICS Scientific Committee Chair, Nucelio Lemos