Please note that voting closes on 17th July 2017, at 23:45:00 BST (GMT +1)
Please do vote! This is another opportunity as an ICS member to have your say.
To download a copy of all applicants' nomination statements for the below positions please click here.
General Secretary-Elect Position
|Vote 1||General Secretary-Elect x 1|
|Vote 2||Trustee position x 4|
Committee Chair Positions
|Vote 3||Ethics Committee Chair position x 1|
|Vote 4||Neurourology Promotion Committee Chair position x 1|
|Vote 5||Nursing Committee Chair position x 1|
|Vote 6||Physiotherapy Committee Chair position x 1|
|Vote 7||Urodynamics Committee Chair position x 1|
Scientific Committee Positions
|Vote 8||Physiotherapy Representative position x 1|
|Vote 9||Non Clinical Representative position x 1|
|Vote 10||ICS 2017 AGM Ballot: Special Resolution to amend ICS Articles of Association.|
Proposed as a Special Resolution: “that the articles of association of the International Continence Society (made available to members on the ICS website for the 2017 AGM) are adopted as the articles of association of the Company in substitution for the existing articles of association”.
|Vote 11||ICS 2017 AGM Ballot: Ordinary Resolution to amend ICS Bylaws.|
Proposed as an Ordinary Resolution: “that the Bylaws of the International Continence Society (made available to members on the ICS website for the 2017 AGM) are adopted as the Bylaws of the Company in substitution for the existing Bylaws”.
|Vote 12||ICS 2017 AGM Ballot: Ordinary Resolution on General Secretary term of office|
To agree if the extension to the 3 year term applies from the 2017 AGM or the 2018 AGM.
Committee Chair positions and elected positions on the Scientific Committee are confirmed by online vote only.
From the website you will be able to vote and read further information about the candidates. You must be logged in as an ICS member in order to vote.
Terms of office
Terms for successful candidates begin as of the 2017 AGM on 14 September 2017. Terms are for three years, renewable once by election.
From the website you will be able to vote and read further information about the candidates. You must be logged in as an ICS member to vote.
“Campaigning for ICS elected positions is not permitted by applicants or members. Any campaigning, be it positive or negative, will result in the disqualification of the candidate.” You can download the full policy here.
Voting for Trustees
When there are more than two candidates for a single trustee position the ICS must follow a two stage voting process. This is in accordance with UK Company Law.
Round 1: preferred candidates (underway)
- The first round identifies the preferred candidates. ICS members are supplied with a list of the individuals wishing to be appointed.
- Each ICS member votes for their preferred candidate.
- Votes are counted after the deadline. The candidate with the highest number of votes is deemed the preferred candidate and proceeds to Round 2.
Round 2: final confirmation
- Following Round 1, the preferred candidate is submitted for formal election at the Annual General Meeting. This a YES/NO vote and is a necessary step in order to comply with UK Company Law.
- Voting takes place prior to the AGM online and at the AGM by paper ballot.
- The ICS office ensures there are no duplicate votes and then announces the results following the AGM.
- Candidates are appointed if a majority of ICS members vote in favour of their appointment, i.e. that they have more YES votes than NO votes.