Would you like to make a difference to the future of the ICS? Now is your chance as numerous positions are available. The full list of committee, chair and Trustee positions that are open for application are detailed below. The deadline for all positions is 1st March 2019
The following Trustee Positions are open for nominations:
• ICS Board of Trustees: 1x Treasurer post and 1 x Trustee post (any profession)
The ICS is an inclusive organisation with full respect for gender, age, ethnicity and faith. It is important that the ICS Board is diverse so we encourage a wide range of applications from the ICS membership. If you would like to discuss any aspect at all of the role of trustee/treasurer then in the first instance please contact the ICS Executive Director, Dan Snowdon, in full confidence, at Dan@ics.org
The trustee positions are open to any ICS member. You do not need to have served on the ICS Board before applying.
Download Trustee Application form
The following Elected Positions are available:
- Scientific Committee Gynaecology Representative
- Scientific Committee Nursing Representative
- Scientific Committee Specialist Representative (Other) – i.e. not Urologist, Gynaecologist, Nursing, Basic Science or Physiotherapist
The office has the following Chair Positions available:
- Children and Young Adults Committee Chair
- Developing World Committee Chair
- Education Committee Chair
- Physiotherapy Committee Chair
- Publications and Communications Committee Chair
- Standardisation Steering Committee Chair
- Scientific Committee Chair
Download Elected Application form
As per committee terms of reference concerning Committee Chair positions, the ICS office will initially be seeking applications from existing or recent (within the past 5 years) committee members (for the committee in question). Should relevant applications not be received (by 1st March) then the ICS office will call for applications from the wider membership. All eligible Chair nominations will proceed to membership vote.
Please note that all elected positions (Trustee, Chair, Scientific Committee) require nominations from ICS members. So if you are interested in applying for an elected position then you will need to be nominated and seconded by a current ICS member. These nominations should be emailed to email@example.com
The following Committee Member Positions are available for Expressions of Interest:
- Children and Young Adults Committee– 3 positions including 1 x Physiotherapist
- Ethics Committee - 3 position- 2 x scientist, 1 x Allied Health Professional
- Nursing Committee – 1 x Nurse position
- Publications Committee – 2 positions in total: 1 committee member, 1 News editor
- Standardisation Steering Committee – 2 positions
- Urodynamics Committee – 2 positions
Download Committee Application form
Full and final applications must reach the ICS office by 1st March 2019. For more information on any of the above positions please contact the ICS office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 9444 881.
For a PDF version of this information, please click here
ICS policy on campaigning
Campaigning for ICS elected positions is not permitted by applicants or members. Any campaigning, be it positive or negative, will result in the disqualification of the candidate. The Board of Trustees’ judgement will be final in determining whether a candidate has engaged in positive or negative campaigning. Negative campaigning is not permitted by any candidate or ICS member and will be considered a violation of the ICS Code of Conduct. This policy is in effect at all times and for any position.
During the voting period candidates’ application forms will be circulated by the ICS office for all members to view. In addition, the ICS office will periodically contact all ICS members to encourage voting and provide direct links to the voting section of the ICS website.
Candidates for ICS positions must also abide by the guidelines as stated in the suitability of candidates document.