The ICS Standardisation Steering Committee is pleased to announce that the ICS report on the terminology for Adult Male Lower Urinary Tract and Pelvic Floor Symptoms and Dysfunction, is now available for early view in the Neurourology & Urodynamics Journal.
The Terminology for Adult Male Lower Urinary Tract Pelvic Floor Symptoms and Dysfunction offers:
- First ever male-specific core Terminology document for Lower Urinary Tract and Pelvic Floor (LUT/PF) symptoms and dysfunction.
- First comprehensive Male LUT/PF document involving Symptoms, Signs, Investigations, Imaging and Diagnoses.
- First update of male LUT/PF Terminology in 17 years.
- A total of 390 definitions/explanatory notes – 211(54% NEW) and 71 (18% CHANGED)
- The basis for other Male-specific documents including: (1) Anorectal Dysfunction; (2) Surgical management of male LUT dysfunction; (3) Conservative management of male LUT dysfunction; (4) Sexual health in men with LUT/PF dysfunction.
ICS Standardisation Steering Committee Chair
Neurourol Urodyn 2019; The International Continence Society (ICS) report on the terminology for adult male lower urinary tract and pelvic floor symptoms and dysfunction, https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.23897
The ICS Report on the terminology for Adult male lower urinary tract and pelvic floor Symptoms and dysfunction, 2019, PDF