|Category||Pelvic Pain Syndromes / Sexual Dysfunction|
|Keywords||Chronic pelvic pain Sexual dysfunction Integrative medicine|
|Target Audience||Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Physical Therapists.|
|Aims and Objectives|
- Overview of chronic pelvic pain (CPP) and complex of syndromes (lower urinary tract, genital pain, gastrointestinal, high tone pelvic floor dysfunction, neuropathic, psychologic, dyspareunia).
- Evaluation of CPP – complete history and physical to identify.
- Discuss implications of CPP with sexual dysfunction.
- Overview of female sexual dysfunction.
- Management of CPP and sexual dysfunction- an overview of multi-modal treatment approach with the emphasis on an individualised approach including therapies that are easily available and low budget.
- Discuss complementary medicine and pelvic floor physical therapy and its role in CPP/sexual dysfunction.
- Interactive discussion time.