How to record your video using microsoft powerpoint
Please watch the above simple video and then use these tips to help give your presentation the finishing touches. You may want to undertake simple checks like testing your microphone and cleaning your webcam for dust. Remember to use the ICS 2020 Online Template
Record narration and timings
- Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show.
- Choose from two options:
- Start Recording from Beginning - to record from the beginning of a presentation.
- Start Recording from Current Slide - to record from a specific slide.
- Select or clear what you'd like for your recording, and then select Start Recording.
- Start speaking or add markings to your presentation.
Note: Audio won't record when slide transitions happen so let these play first before you start speaking.
There are different ways to manage recordings in your presentation:
- Pause - to pause a recording.
- Close - to end a recording.
- Laser Pointer, Pen, Highlighter, or Eraser - to use the pointer, ink, eraser, or highlighter tools in your recording.
A sound icon appears on a slide to show when a recording is available.
You can also remove recordings from slides.
- Select Record Slide Show > Clear.
- Choose from four options:
- Clear Timing on Current Slide - to delete timings on the current slide.
- Clear Timings on All Slides - to delete timings from all slides at once.
- Clear Narration on Current Slide - to delete narration on the current slide.
- Clear Narration on All Slides - to delete narration on all slides at once.
When you're done recording, save and share your presentation as a MPEG-4 Video. Your power point presentation will be converted and saved into a video file ready to upload on the abstract centre.
- Select File > Save As.
- Select where you'd like to save your presentation to.
- Under Save as type, select the dropdown arrow and then select MPEG-4 Video.
- Select Save.
How to record your video using Keynote
How to record presentation (beginner)
How to record presentation with video (advanced)
Please note that when using Keynote you cannot use your webcam to record your image. If you still wish to use Keynote we recommend you watch this video as well.