ICS Fellowship schemes offer the opportunity for candidates to learn from experts in their fields at an international centre of excellence.
The objectives of the Fellowship in Neuro-urology are:
- To describe the basis of neuro anatomy of the lower urinary tract (LUT)
- To learn to classify the steps of management for the most commonly encountered neurological conditions responsible for neurogenic bladders such as: SCI, MS, Parkinson disease, congenital cord malformations, and strokes.
- To perform a (video) Urodynamic study, to describe its indications and to interpret it.
- To describe the non surgical methods of bladder emptying (CIC, indwelling catheters, Crede ) and storage (physio, time voiding, bladder drills, behavioural modifications, etc)
- To be able to assess the value of electrostimulation/modulation in these diseases.
- To describe the technique, indications, results, pitfalls and risks of the use of Botulinum toxin.
- To describe the indications, techniques and role of surgery in the management of neuron bladders (stents, sphincterotomies, bladder augmentations, derivations, etc.
|London, UK||Jalesh Panicker|
|Montreal, Canada||Jacques Corcos & Lysanne Campeau|
|Ghent, Belgium||Karel Everaert|
|Paris, France||Emmanuel Chartier-Kastler|
|Innsbruck, Austria||Wolfgang Horninger|
|Zurich, Switzerland||Thomas M. Kessler|
How to apply
Start Fellowship Application
Login to start the application process
Fellowship applications are only available to ICS Members, please make sure your membership is upto date and you are logged in.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, it may not be possible for applicants to secure dates with their chosen host centre, at this time. We recognise this issue and can be flexible with commencement dates, as long as applicants have an ‘agreement in principle’ with their host centre to validate their requested funding.
Deadline for all applications is 1st May.
If you wish to read about previous experiences of our fellowship award winners click here