The ICI-Steering Committee are inviting expressions of interest from members of the ICS who wish to be considered for committee membership of the 7th ICI to be held at ICS 2020 in Las Vegas, 26 – 29 August. ICI committee members are strongly encouraged to attend the ICS 2020 meeting in Las Vegas. ICS will offer a 50% discount on registration to ICI committee members.
Please note that no other funding is available.
There are 22 Chapter committees listed below and each will have up to 10 members. The committees work as a team with all members taking responsibility for the committee’s report which becomes a chapter in the book of the Consultation (Incontinence 7th edition).
- Cell Biology and Neural Control
- Pathophysiology of UI, FI and POP
- Initial assessment of UI including PROMs
- Imaging and other tests
- UI in Children and Adolescent
- Incontinence in Frail Older Persons
- Conservative Management of UI and POP in Adults
- Surgery for male UI
- Surgery for female UI
- Surgery for Neurological UI
- Surgical Management of POP
- Assessment and Conservative Management of FI, including neurological patients
- Surgery for FI
- Bladder Pain Syndrome
- Continence Products
- Prevention, Continence Promotion, Models of Care , and Education
- Neurogenic UI
The work is time consuming and to strict deadlines in order to produce the report for the 2020 meeting and then the ICI book within six months of the Consultation. As with previous ICIs any member of a committee who makes an inadequate contribution is removed from the committee and subsequent publications, in line with established authorship guidelines.
Review and decision process
All applications will be reviewed by the ICI-Steering Committee and the relevant chapter chair. Consideration will be given to geographical distribution and the multi-professional nature of care. Please note that the ICI-Steering Committee anticipates a high level of interest in committee positions and cannot guarantee that all interested applicants will be invited.
Please note that all ICI-6 committee members will be considered by committee chairs.
- Paul Abrams: ICI Consultant
- Linda Cardozo: ICI Editor
- Eric Rovner: ICI Editor
- Adrian Wagg: ICI Editor
- Alan Wein: ICI Editor
- Sherif Mourad: ICS General Secretary
- David Castro Diaz: ICS General Secretary-Elect
- Jerzy Gajewski: ICS Treasurer
- Carlos D’Ancona: ICS Trustee
- Roger Dmochowski: Editor, Neurourology & Urodynamics journal
How to apply
Those interested will need to complete an application form detailing their expertise. Members are asked to apply to join a specific committee and therefore to be expert in the subject area covered by the relevant committee.
Download Application Form
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 31st October