Below you will find details of the workshop application questions. You can start an application form and view the system online and can then edit at any point before the deadline (4 April 2022). This will allow you the chance to view the questions ahead of the deadline to see information you need to supply ahead of the deadline.
Workshop Application Questions
STEP 1: DETAILS
1. Workshop Title
2. Research Type – select from Clinical or Pure and Applied Science/Translational
3. Workshop Category
– select from following
- Anatomy / Biomechanics
- Anorectal / Bowel Dysfunction
- Conservative Management
- Continence Care Products / Devices / Technologies
- Female Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms / Voiding Dysfunction
- Female Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
- Female Sexual Dysfunction New!
- Geriatrics / Gerontology
- Health Services Delivery
- Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms / Incontinence
- Male Sexual Dysfunction New!
- Overactive Bladder
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pelvic Pain Syndromes
- Prevention and Public Health
- Prostate Clinical / Surgical
- Quality of Life / Patient and Caregiver Experiences
- Research Methods /Techniques
- Transgender Health
- Urethra Male / Female
4. Length – Select from 60/90 or 180. Only select 3 hours for technical or hands on workshops
5. Level – Select from Advanced/Intermediate/Basic
6. Target Audience – Select all that apply from Urology/Urogynaecology/Bowel Dysfunction/Pure and Applied Science/Conservative Management
7. Keywords - Please enter all 3 keywords. A keyword is a search phrase and can be multiple words e.g. "indwelling catheter" is a keyword.
8. Maximum Delegates - Optional Please indicate the maximum number of delegates for an effective workshop - for example if the workshop is hands on/interactive it may be suggested to limit the workshop to 35 delegates. If no maximum then leave as zero and the number of delegates will be determined by the room size which is normally 100 delegates.
9. Repeat Workshop & Repeat Description - Optional Please select your workshop if it was previously accepted for ICS 2021. If your workshop has been accepted in the last two years please indicate changes made to format for the education committee to review. Description.
STEP 2: AIMS & OBJECTIVES
10. Aims and Objectives - Provide a maximum of 100 words about the course to assist delegates in deciding on which workshop to attend. This wording, unless changed by the Education Committee, will be used to advertise the workshop.
11. Learning Objectives - Please enter 3 simple learning objectives.
12. Suggested prior reading/learning - Please provide references for literature reading and to support the background information to your workshop. You can also add any webcast/videos that would assist the delegates etc.
13. Multidisciplinary & International Faculty – Please tick to confirm that you have considered international faculty and from all disciplines. If no the please explain the reasons.
STEP 3: EDUCATIONAL VALUE
14. Description - Please provide why your workshop is of sufficient educational value to be included in the programme. Provide details of - how delegates will engage and interact with your faculty - justify the outline of the workshop - how the education you are providing can be translated into clinical practice (where applicable)
STEP 4: DESCRIPTION
15. Description - Describe your workshop in detail so that the Education Committee can assess and score your proposal. This text will also be utilised to create the handout. The delegates will be able to view the handout ahead of the meeting in order to choose which workshop to attend. We recommend you provide as much detail here as this will greatly improve your chance of a successful application. If your workshop is successful you will have chance to review this text before your handout is published but we recommend you spend the time on an expanded description now which will save you time later.
- Include background information
- Key learning points
- Take home messages
- Additional References Please provide a minimum of 500 words to describe the workshop (2000 words max).
STEP 5: SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
16. Special Requirements
STANDARD ROOM SETUP ONLY:
- Standard room set up is theatre style with a head table for all speakers.
- Standard AV supplied is microphones; laptop; pointer; projection screen.
Or ADDITIONAL SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Any specialist items must be approved prior to the application being accepted.
- Please indicate any companies and their products that are being used during this workshop.
- Should you require expenses for any speaker who fits within the guidelines or just requires entrance to the workshop please indicate here with full reasons.
- Late requests will not be considered.
WEBCAST RECORDING PERMISSIONS
Indicate that speakers give permission to be filmed for ICS TV.
STEP 6: SPEAKERS
16. Speaker and Chair – Select chairs and speakers to the programme. The chair of the workshop is also a speaker. You can make another speaker the chair by moving them to the top using the arrow buttons.
- To add a speaker - Search for your Speaker and click on them to add.
- For each speaker provide the following
- Experience & Qualifications Please provide details why this speaker is able to present on this topic (include their degree).
- Speakers Own Products - Optional - if speaker is presenting their own products please give details.
- Publications of each speaker – up to 3 optional.
STEP 7: SCHEDULE
17. Schedule- Please complete the schedule of your workshop by adding the length/title of talk/speaker.
STEP 8: CONFIRMATION
18. Confirmation – tick all
- I HAVE READ THE WORKSHOP GUIDELINES AND AGREE TO FOLLOW THEM
- I AGREE TO KEEP THE ICS OFFICE INFORMED OF ANY CHANGES TO THE WORKSHOP SPEAKERS/PROGRAMME
- I HAVE CONTACTED THE SPEAKERS FOR MY WORKSHOP AND THEY HAVE AGREED TO PARTICIPATE
- IF ACCEPTED, MY SPEAKERS AND I WILL COMPLETE OUR DISCLOSURES BY 1 JUNE AND WILL FOLLOW THE CME GUIDELINES WHEN PREPARING OUR SLIDES
- IF ACCEPTED, MY SPEAKERS AND I WILL SUBMIT OUR HANDOUTS BY 1 JUNE
- IF ACCEPTED, MY SPEAKERS AND I WILL BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR THE ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION (THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP)
- ALL THE SPEAKERS GIVE PERMISSION TO BE FILMED FOR WEBCAST ON ICS TV
- I HAVE DISCLOSED ALL FUNDING / SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS IN THE APPLICATION