Western Society of Pelvic Medicine Spring Meeting
Saturday April 28, 2018
Hotel Arts, Calgary
Updates in Pelvic Floor Care, Mesh Use, Pelvic Pain, Global Initiatives
• Questionnaires in pelvic medicine: what should we be using?: Trafford Crump
• Use of vaginal lasers: Shauna Johnson
• Tips and tricks in vaginal hysterectomy: John Gebhart
• Debate - Vaginal vault suspension: to mesh or not to mesh: Gebhart and Mathews
• Prevention of post op pelvic pain dyspareunia: Mathews
• MSK component of post op dyspareunia: Kristen Grouve and Meghan Evans
• Medical management of chronic post op pain: John Jarrell
• Nepalese urogynecological experience: Magali Robert
• African urogynecological experience: David Quinlan
Abstract Presentations: 17.00 - 18.00
Registration/Breakfast: 07.15 - 07.45
Educational Program: 08.00 - 17.00
Business Meeting: 17.00 - 18.00
Hotel Arts / 119 – 12th Avenue SW Calgary, AB T2R 0G8
www.hotelarts.ca // 403 266 4611 // 1 800 661 9378
Room block under Canadian Society of Pelvic Medicine
Additional information at westernspm.org
The research component to this meeting will be divided into 2 sections:
The principal section will be a traditional abstract session. We will be accepting abstracts of research that has been recently published (<12 months), has yet to be submitted for publication or will be presented at an upcoming scientific meeting.
The second section will be presentations of on-going or upcoming projects looking for multi-center involvement.
Given that this is a new addition to our meeting, we are requesting those who intend to submit a brief email about their intent so we can resource plan accordingly.
The deadline for abstract submissions will be February 28th 2018.
Abstract length will be 400 words max, 1 figure max. Successful presenters will be notified by March 14th 2018.
Presentations will be 7 minutes duration with 5 minutes allowed for questions.
Intent and abstracts can be emailed to:
The purpose of this new portion of the meeting is to provide knowledge translation of Canadian research, improve collaboration between centers, and to highlight the fantastic work being done from coast to coast. As such, I would request that every effort be made to submit abstracts from all institutions and all disciplines so we can maximize this Canadian forum for Canadian research.
$150 for Physicians / $75 for Trainees and Allied Health Professionals
Please complete in full:
Please return registration form with cheque made payable to Western Society of Pelvic Medicine to:
Dr. Jane Schulz - Secretary/Treasurer
Lois Hole Hospital for Women, Robbins Pavilion
Royal Alexandra Hospital
10240 Kingsway Avenue
Edmonton, AB. T5H 3V9