I graduated from Medical University of Lublin (Poland) in 2002 and then completed my PhD in 2009.
Then I completed training in Ob./Gyn. at the 2nd Department of Gynecology at the same institution in 2011.
I am an associate professor at this department. I also completed postgraduate diploma in public health.
I published 60 research and review papers. I am also an author of 15 chapters in books concerning urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.
I was a member of the organizing committees of conferences (Polish Gynecological Society conferences, International Continence Society course- Cracow 2011). Currently I am a member of International Continence Society, International Urogynecological Society and Polish Gynecological Society.
I participated as a grant executor in 5 research projects and I was grant manager of the project funded by National Science Centre (Poland) titled „Urinary incontinence in women- epidemiological risk factors and the influence of selected gene polymorphisms on its occurrence”. I am especially interested in following topics:
1. Epidemiology and management of urinary incotinence in women.
2. Genetic epidemiology of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse in women.
3. Ethical considerations in clinical trials.
4. New therapeutic options for neurogenic detrusor overactivity.
5. Etiopathogenesis of overactive bladder and new therapeutic options for idiopathic OAB.
Prof Pawel Miotla declared on the Saturday 21st July 2018 that they had the following existing or known future financial relationships or affiliations: