BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH STEFAN DE WACHTER JUNE 2018
1999 Medical Doctor, Cum Maxima Laude, University Gent, Belgium
2003 PhD degree in Medical Science, University Antwerpen, Belgium
- since oct 2014: professor of Urology, University of Antwerpen
- since oct 2014: chairman dept of Urology, University Hospital Antwerpen
(Co)-Promotor of PhDs: finished: 15, ongoing: 3
Scientific output: 115 research papers in peer-reviewed international journals; 4 chapters in books, 120 invited lectures.
Research support over the past 5 years:
• Copromotor aspirant FWO grant for M Wyndaele “Study of the neurophysiological interactions between the lower urinary tract and the anorectum” 2008 – 2012, in collaboration with B De Winter
• Medtronic research grant “New developments in sacral neuromodulation of for lower urinary tract dysfunction”; 2009- 2011
• Medtronic research grant “Pelvic floor EMG pattern as tool to improve patient selection and outcome – standardization of lead placement” 2016-2017; 140000€
• European Association for Urology Thesis Award – best European thesis in urology in 2004.
• Pfizer Scientific prize presented by the faculty of Medicine of the University of Antwerpen 2004.
• Best Scientific Paper published on Fundamental Research in European Urology by a young urologist in 2007: Iijama K, De Wachter S, Wyndaele JJ.
• Pfizer Educational Grant presented by the faculty of Medicine of the University of Antwerpen, 2008
• European Board of Urology
• European School of Urology
• European Association of Urology
• International Continence Society
• International Urogynaecology Association
• board member of European Continous Medical Training
Proctor for sacral neuromodulation