Prof Stergios Doumouchtsis is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and RCOG accredited subspecialist Urogynaecologist.
He currently works in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust. He is a honorary Senior Lecturer at St George's University of London and a Visiting Professor at the University of Athens, Medical School. He is also an Associate Clinical Professor, at the American University of the Caribbean, School of Medicine.
His clinical interests cover most areas of Urogynaecology - Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
His research Interests are mainly focused on
- Harmonisation of Outcomes, Research and Standards in Urogynaecology
- Pelvic floor anatomy and imaging
- Childbirth trauma and pelvic floor disorders
- Surgery for incontinence and prolapse
- Evaluation of tests, treatments, surgical techniques and outcomes in urogynaecology and general gynaecology
Prof Doumouchtsis founded and developed CHORUS, an International Collaboration for Harmonising Outcomes, Research and Standards in Urogynaecology and Women’s Health, aiming to work towards standardization of outcomes and outcome measures and subsequently the establishment of a minimum of standards in research as well as clinical practice.
Prof Stergios K Doumouchtsis declared on the Tuesday 28th February 2023 that they had the following existing or known future financial relationships or affiliations:
Oxford University Press
- Other: Co-editor of book "Emergencies in Obstetrics and Gynaecology", and of "Oxford Textbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology"
- Other: Editor of Book "Childbirth Trauma"
Delta Health Limited