• Trained initially in Ain Shams university Cairo department of urology.
• Trained as obstetrician and Gynaecologist a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists
• Gained MSc in Uro-gynaecology University of Liverpool working with John Sutherst
• awaited MBA Durham Business School (DUBs) 2000, NHS sponsored
• Awarded research bursary Yorkshire and Northern NHS to research motivation of senior hospital doctors in managed care and the NHS, travelled to Boston and Chicago. Studies other professional accounts executives, senior lawyers and senior mangers.
• Introduced the first BSI5750, British quality system, to a clinical service, first ever.
• Established an integrated urogynaecology team which won the Health Service Journal award 2001
• Finalist the Hospital Doctor Journal award year 2000
• Selected in open competition with annual assessment on organisations concerned with quality standards to include the National Clinical Assessment Authority, the General Medical Council, the Health Care Commission England, the Health Care Commission Wales and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists hospital recognition committee.
• Member of the British society urogynaecology , BSUG
• Member of the International Urogynaecology Association, chairman of the public relations committee and research committee.
• Member of ICS serving on the internet committee, research, clinical trials and the ethics committee.
Elected MIPS Treasurer 2015
Appointed, the Gibraltar Responsible Officer 2015 and Suitable Person General Medical Council UK 2016
Safwat Tosson declared on the Friday 31st March 2017 that they had the following existing or known future financial relationships or affiliations: