This document has been designed to assist those who wish to develop a News Article for the ICS. It sets out the process to be followed to ensure a smooth process from inception to production.
An ICS news article is a short written piece which is then added to the ICS website and used within the eNews mailers and on social media platforms.
Examples of what would be a good fit for a news article include:
• A recent scientific article published in the previous three months from a peer-reviewed journal. It should be original research, not a review article or case series.
• Committee updates - from Chairs, committee members or Board of Trustees
• Annual meeting or ICS Course promotion
• General ICS promotion - including membership announcements, awards, deadlines, voting
- Scientific and committee articles are managed by the relevant committee. ICS promotional articles are managed by the office.
- Best practices must be followed in avoiding brand names.
- ICS standard terminology should be used throughout.
- Where there is mention of any specific product a disclaimer should be added to the article
|Proposal Stage||The ICS Staff or Committee prepare proposal.||This can be office staff or committee who have decided to prepare a news article. ICS Office ensure no overlap with other articles.|
|Preparatory Stage||Author(s) assigned and content is prepared|
|Content Review Stage||Depending on content the ICS office review and edit draft. The content is also reviewed and approved by the author||Approved by ICS Office|
|Publication Stage||Once approve news article is made live by ICS Office|
|Implementation Stage||Once the content is finalised the news article is disseminated via the ICS website, social media and other outlets. See social media and news SOP for instructions.|