ICS Observership schemes offer the opportunity for candidates to learn from experts in their fields at an international centre of excellence.
The objectives of the Observership in Neuro-urology are:
- To describe the basis of neuro anatomy of the lower urinary tract (LUT)
- To learn to classify the steps of management for the most commonly encountered neurological conditions responsible for neurogenic bladders such as: SCI, MS, Parkinson disease, congenital cord malformations, and strokes.
- To perform a (video) Urodynamic study, to describe its indications and to interpret it.
- To describe the non surgical methods of bladder emptying (CIC, indwelling catheters, Crede ) and storage (physio, time voiding, bladder drills, behavioural modifications, etc)
- To be able to assess the value of electrostimulation/modulation in these diseases.
- To describe the technique, indications, results, pitfalls and risks of the use of Botulinum toxin.
- To describe the indications, techniques and role of surgery in the management of neuron bladders (stents, sphincterotomies, bladder augmentations, derivations, etc.
||Jacques Corcos & Lysanne Campeau
||Thomas M. Kessler
Deadline for all applications is 1st May.
If you wish to read about previous experiences of our observership award winners click here