Watch the webinar from Nucelio Lemos, ICS interim Scientific Chair, on Intrapelvic Neuropathies!
Nucelio Lemos, provided a webinar on intrapelvic neuropathies: a neglected cause of pain and pelvic floor dysfunction to residents in New York on 6th April.
The webinar covers:
- Intrapelvic Neuroanatomy
- Autonomic Nerves- Hypogastric, Sup. Hypogastric Plexus, Pelvic Splanchnic Nerves,
- Symptoms of Intrapelvic Nerve Entrapments- sciatica/ gluteal/perineal/lower limb pain/Dischezia etc.
- Initial Results of Functional MRI (Tractography) and Selective diagnostic blocks
- Demonstration of surgical release of intrapelvic entrapped by endometriosis, fibrosis, grafts/sutures, pelvic varicosities, pyriformis muscles malformations and the results
- Demonstration of the LION Procedure- Laparoscopic Implantation of Neuroprosthesis
- Questions and Answers
ICS Committee Member, Elise De, stated that this was “the best talk on pelvic pain I have ever seen!”