Please note that voting closes on 22nd June 2016, at 23:45:00 BST (GMT +1)
Please do vote! This is another opportunity as an ICS member to have your say.
To download a copy of all applicants' details for the below positions please click here.
||Trustee position x 1
Vote 2 |Treasurer position x 1
Scientific Committee Positions
||Committee Chair position x 1
||Clinical Representative position x 1
||Nurse Representative position x 1
Committee Chair Positions
||Education Committee Chair position x 1
||Standardisation Steering Committee Chair position x 1
||Children and Young Adults Committee Chair position x 1
||Developing World Committee Chair position x 1
Committee Chair positions and elected positions on the Scientific Committee are confirmed by online vote only.
From the website you will be able to vote and read further information about the candidates. You must be logged in as an ICS member in order to vote.
Terms of office
Terms for successful candidates begin as of the 2016 AGM on 15 September 2016. Terms are for three years, renewable once by election.
From the website you will be able to vote and read further information about the candidates. You must be logged in as an ICS member to vote.
“Campaigning for ICS elected positions is not permitted by applicants or members. Any campaigning, be it positive or negative, will result in the disqualification of the candidate.” You can download the full policy here.
Voting for Trustees
When there are more than two candidates for a single trustee position the ICS must follow a two stage voting process. This is in accordance with UK Company Law.
Round 1: preferred candidates (underway)
- The first round identifies the preferred candidates. ICS members are supplied with a list of the individuals wishing to be appointed.
- Each ICS member votes for their preferred candidate.
- Votes are counted after the deadline. The candidate with the highest number of votes is deemed the preferred candidate and proceeds to Round 2.
Round 2: final confirmation
- Following Round 1, the preferred candidate is submitted for formal election at the Annual General Meeting. This a YES/NO vote and is a necessary step in order to comply with UK Company Law.
- Voting takes place prior to the AGM online and at the AGM by paper ballot.
- The ICS office ensures there are no duplicate votes and then announces the results following the AGM.
- Candidates are appointed if a majority of ICS members vote in favour of their appointment, i.e. that they have more YES votes than NO votes.