Podium abstract presentations are given in session halls at the ICS meeting. Expert session chairs will moderate your session. Following your presentation you will be asked questions by the audience facilitated by the chair. Sessions will be streamed live to online delegates.
Podium Short Oral
Oral Presentation (minutes)
Audience Questions (minutes)
Chairs will be asked to strictly enforce the time limit on your talk. Your question time will not be considered as part of your presentation time. You should therefore practice your talk prior to the meeting with particular regard to the timing.
View your presentation times
Your abstract will be available via the View your abstract in the 2022 programme on the website.
Discussion, Questions and Answers
At the end of your presentation you will be asked questions about your abstract. The Chair of your session will facilitate questions from the audience. If English is not your first language, and you need assistance, please bring someone to help you translate.
All Podium Powerpoint Presentations must begin with a completed ICS 2022 Disclosure Slide.
Download the ICS 2022 Disclosure Slide Template
In-Person Podium Presentation
You should arrive at your allocated session hall, introduce yourself to the session chair and familiarise yourself with the audio visual facilities at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session. Slides should have already been submitted in the Speaker Ready Room (see powerpoint slides section below)
All presenters must bring their PowerPoint presentation on a USB key and submit this at the Speakers' Ready Room at least 1 hour before the start of the session. Staff will be available to help and this room will be clearly sign posted onsite. All presentations are saved on the meetings AV computer network that is supplied with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (at least). You will not be able to use your own laptop.
In preparing your slides, please pay special attention to:
- Correct spelling mistakes
- Choice of colour scheme for background and text (high contrast works best)
- Font size chosen (i.e. no smaller than 20 point)
- Avoid detailed tables and diagrams
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Important note for Apple/Macbook users
In order to use Mac presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- You may use your own Macintosh laptop computer as a back-up. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Online Podium Presentation
Online presentations will be made live via Zoom.
Personal Zoom links for your session will be shown only in the ICS Abstract Centre. Please do not share these links.
- Practice giving your presentation on Zoom with a friend / colleague
- Test your webcam, audio and microphone before joining. Join a test meeting
- Plan to join the Zoom at least 5 minutes before your session starts
- Please stay on the Zoom meeting until your presentation slot
- Have your powerpoint presentation open on the first slide and ready to share
- The session technician will admit you shortly before your presentation
- If you are using video with audio in your powerpoint you must share your audio in zoom if you want the audience to hear.
- Once you are in the zoom you will be able to hear the session chair / questions from the audience
- Make sure you keep to your presentation time or the session chair will stop you
You are welcome to watch the session stream on the ICS website but please note:
- There is a delay between the live hall and the stream
- It is best to use a different device (e.g. phone) to watch not the computer you are using for Zoom
- You must stop the stream when you are connected via Zoom or the audio will cause feedback!
Please do not hesitate to contact the ICS Office firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information.