||Anorectal / Bowel Dysfunction
||Bowel dysfunction Assessment Imaging
Aims and Objectives
The aim is to understand the causes of posterior compartment pelvic floor dysfunction and to appreciate the different investigations available for assessment.
The objectives are -
- To know the symptoms and pathophysiology of posterior pelvic floor dysfunction.
- To know the indications for the following investigations – anorectal physiology, integrated total pelvic floor ultrasound, defaecation barium proctography, defaecation MRI.
- To appreciate of the possible findings on each of these investigations.
- To understand how each investigation compares to one another and compares to symptoms.
- To understand how findings can influence conservative and surgical management.