To commemorate the first year of ICS journals, Continence and Continence Reports, the editors have collated a list of the standout articles published in the 2022 journals.
About the Journals
The journals, launched on 1 January 2022, are significant in that they are the first to be fully owned and managed by ICS (with the publishing help of Elsevier).
The open access journals are dedicated to the publication of high quality and innovative content that will benefit patients with urinary, bowel and pelvic floor disorders by advancing science, in keeping with the mission of the ICS.
Editors’ Choice - The selected articles are listed below.
• The relationship between nocturia severity and bladder compliance in men with lower urinary tract symptoms
Noah Panitch, Johnson Tsui, Stephen Marshall, Jerry Blaivas, Jeffrey Weiss – December 2022
• An International Continence Society (ICS)/ International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) joint report on the terminology for the assessment and management of obstetric pelvic floor disorders Stergios K. Doumouchtsis, Renaud de Tayrac, Joseph Lee, Oliver Daly, Joan Melendez-Munoz, Fiona M. Lindo, Angela Cross, Amanda White, Sara Cichowski, Gabriele Falconi, Bernard Haylen – December 2022
• Lower urinary tract dysfunction in uncommon neurological diseases: A report of the neurourology promotion committee of the International Continence Society Blayne Welk, Ryuji Sakakibara, Sanjay Sinha, Collette Haslam, Desiree Vrijens, Cristiano Gomes, Stefan De Wachter, Charalampos Konstantinidis, Giulio Del Popolo, Pawan Vasudeva, Marcus J. Drake, Rizwan Hamid – March 2022
• Implications of Inflammatory Bowel Disease for reconstructive surgery in non-malignant urinary tract dysfunction: An International Continence Society working group report N. Sihra, A. Williams, A. Emmanuel, N. Zarate Lopez, A. Sahai, R. Hamid, L. Neshatian, I. Paquette, G.A. Santoro, F.L. Heldwein, N. Thakare, A. Higazy, E. Aytac, L. Mansell, L. Thomas, M.J. Drake, R. Barratt – March 2022
• Underactive and low compliance bladder: A possible Presentation of COVID-19 vaccination
Hanieh Salehi-Pourmehr, Nooriyeh Dalir Akbari, Sakineh Hajebrahimi, Siamak Salehi – March 2022
• Mid-term performance of laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy using polytetrafluoroethylene mesh ORIHIME®
Masami Takeyama, Masaki Watanabe, Tomoko Kuwata, Hiromi Kashihara, Chikako Kato – March 2022
• Prevalence and severity of sexual dysfunction in women experiencing urinary incontinence with and without breast cancer: A matched control study Udari N. Colombage, Sze-Ee Soh, Kuan-Yin Lin, Amanda Vincent, Michelle White, Jane Fox, Helena C. Frawley – September 2022
Submit your research
Publishing to the open access ICS Journals means that your work is available to a wide network of fellow researchers and facilitates peer review opportunities, plus, ICS Members receive free submission!
Submit to Continence
Submit to Continence Reports
ICS Journals Submission