Watch the latest ICS video on Frailty Assessment and Surgical Planning for the Geriatric Patient.
This express video is derived from the Ethics Committee Philadelphia Workshop. Presented by Nina Davis, ICS Ethics Committee Chair, this video covers the topics:
- Scope of the Problem
- Health Care as a Priority
- Surgical Considerations
- Importance of Medical Frailty
- Heterogeneous Patient Population
- Frailty as a predictor of surgical outcomes in older patients
- ICI guidelines for surgery in frail older men and women
- Ethical Assesment: 4 box approach
- Ethical Principles Also Inform Surgical Decision-Making
Special thanks to workshop participants, Martha Spencer, Anne Suskind, Tamara Dickinson for their contributions to this effort as well as additional guidance by Adrian Wagg.
ICS Express Videos