General practitioner since 2004; Epidemiologist since 2002; Doctoral thesis "Normal values and determinants of urogenital tract (dys)function in older men: The Krimpen Study" (promotor Siep Thomas and Ruud Bosch).
Currently working as a GP in a group practice (3 days/week), and as a researcher at the department of general practice of the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), the Netherlands. Main scientific interest in functional urology.
Programleader of research program pelvic- and abdominal problems in primary care at UMCG.
Principle investigator of:
* URinControl study (RCT comparing a mobile application with care as usual for urinary incontinence in women in general practice)
* alpha-blocker cohort study (prospective cohort study in men treated with an alpha-blocker)
* self-management for male LUTS, a new online personalised intervention (observational cohort study)
* enuresis in adolescents and adults (retrospective cohort study)
* Child incontinence (retrospective cohort study, qualitative study, prospective cohort study)
* recurrent UTIs (retrospective cohort study, qualitative study, prospective cohort study)
* Overactive Bladder - treatment pathways (qualitative study, retrospective cohort study)
Evidence based medicine (EBM) teacher for the vocational training of general practitioners (both for trainers and trainees) at the University Medical Center Groningen.
Member of the ICUD subcommittee on nocturia and the ICS/ICCS Nocturia and nocturnal enuresis working group; corresponding author of the Dutch GP-guideline Male LUTS (finished 2013); member of guideline committee BPH/LUTS of the Dutch Society of Urology (NVU, finished 2018).