Grab a coffee and listen or watch the latest ICS Video Podcast!
This edition features ICS Scientific Committee Members, Kathleen Hunter and Chantal Dumoulin, discussing the ICS 2021 Melbourne Online programme for nurses and physiotherapists.
It was interesting to see the new types of abstracts submitted this year. COVID has encouraged members to be creative and look into different types of research - systematic reviews, secondary analysis etc. Which has provided an interesting mix of abstracts and sessions for delegates to take part in.
As in previous year's the programme offers something for everyone! Check out the Conservative Manament sessions recommended by Kathleen and Chantal.
- Scientific Podium Session S6, Best of Rehabilitation: from Clinical Reasoning to Cost Analysis
- Abstract 47, Treating from the neck above rather than the waist down: A qualitative study exploring pelvic health physiotherapists’ clinical reasoning processes
- Abstract 50, Understanding the effects of multimodal pelvic floor physiotherapy in gynecological cancer survivors with dyspareunia: a mixed-method research study with a 12-month follow-up
- Abstract 52, Screening and management of pelvic floor symptoms in exercising women: online survey of 636 health and exercise professionals.
- Nurses Forum
- Scientific Podium Session S9, Live Conservative Management 2 - Addressing Continence Care Across Health Settings
- Abstract 81, Caring conversations to support continence management after stroke: A participant-informed rapid realist review
- Abstract 82, Time needed to perform intermittent catheterization in adults with spinal cord injury: A pilot randomized controlled cross-over study
- Best in Category Prize: Geriatrics / Gerontology, Abstract 74, A Best Practice Model of Continence Care in Residential Aged Care
- Toileting and Containment Abstract Award: Sponsored by Essity, Abstract 76,Exploring resident and staff experience with incontinence assessment and management in residential aged care: A mixed methods study
- State of the Art Lecture 3, The BEST pelvic floor muscle training: Behaviour, Exercise, Syntheses, and Theories? Jean Hay-Smith
- Round Table Discussion 4, It is Never "Just Constipation"
- Round Table Discussion 8, Nocturia: Multimorbidity or Ageing?
- Round Table Discussion 9, Cancer Treatment and Pelvic Floor Function
- 20th Physiotherapy Forum
Spotlight On 10, TCS - Management of Complications After Female Incontinence Surgery
“The ICS 2021 Melbourne Online meeting has something for everyone!” Kathleen Hunter. One of the many benefits of an online meeting – you can attend more sessions! Chantal Dumoulin.
We look forward to welcoming nursing and physiotherapy members and delegates to ICS 2021 Melbourne Online!