Qualified and awarded MD from Henan Medical University, first PhD from Tonji Medical University China, second PhD from Medical Faculty of Aarhus University Denmark, and have been working for incontinency and urodynamic study in children since 1984, became the ICS member in 2003, ICS Children Committee Member in 2012 (to 2018) and Urodynamic Committee Member in 2013 (to 2019), Director of School of Paediatric Voiding Dysfunction and Transitional Urology in 2017 (until now). Honorary professor of Pediatric Urology of Faculty of Health of Aarhus University Denmark since 2014. My goal is trying my best to make my contribution to ICS, especially for ICS CYAC and ICS Urodynamics Committee.
Education, Research, Clinical Training and Work
2000.11 – present. Professor of Pediatric Urology/Urology, Director of Pediatric Urodynamic Center, First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Chairman of Institute of Clinical Research of Zhengzhou University, China.
1996.10 – 2000. 10. Postdoctoral research fellow (1996.10 – 1997.8), Ph.D. study and surgical training (1997.9– 2000.10) in Institute of Clinical Research, Department of Urology of Skejby University Hospital and MR Research Center, Aarhus University, Denmark. Obtained Ph.D. in 2000. Principal Supervisor: Prof. JC Djurhuus, Co-supervisor: Dr.Troels Munch Jørgensen, Hans Stødkilde-Jørgensen and Jørgen Frøkiær. (From 2004.6 to 2004.9 Research fellow in Dept. of Pediatric Urology in Boston Children’s Hospital of Harvard university. Supervisor: Prof. S Bauer;From 2009.1 to 2009.4. Hold the first ICS Neurourology Fellowship in Department of Urology, Jewish General Hospital of McGill University. Supervisor: Prof. J Corcos).
1995.5 – 1996.9. Postdoctoral training and research fellow in Dept. of Urology, University Hospital Maastricht and in Dept. of Pediatric Urology and Div. of Urological Oncology, Sophia Children's Hospital of Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Supervisor: Prof. R Janknegt, Dr. RM Nijman and Dr. GJ van Steenbrugge.
1991.7 - 1995.4. Surgical training in Div. of Pediatric Urology, Dept. Pediatric Surgery, Women and Children’s Hospital of Henan Medical University, China. Promoted to Associate Professor of Pediatric Urology in 1993.
1986 – 1991.6. Postgraduate study and surgical training in Dept. Pediatric Surgery, Tongji Medical University China. Obtained M.D./Ph.D. in 1991. Supervisor: Prof. Er Chang Tong.
1984.9– 1986.8 Surgical residency in Dept. of Pediatric Surgery, Women and Children’s Hospital of Henan Medical University China.
1979. 9 – 1984.8 Undergraduate study in Henan Medical University, China. Obtained Bachelor Degree in Medicine in 1984 (be equivalent to MD in USA).
Specialty: Pediatric Urology/Urology, Urodynamics and Incontinence
- ICS Children and Young Adults Committee member (2012-2018) and Urodynamic Committee Member (2013-2019). Member of ICS (2003--present).
- Director of School of Paediatric Voiding Dysfunction and Transitional Urology of ICS (2017--present).
- Vice-Chair of Scientific Committee, Asia-Pacific Association of Pediatric Urologists (APAPU)(2018--present).
- Chair of Paediatric Urodynamic and Pelvic Floor Collaboration Group of Paediatric Surgery of Chinese Medical Association (2019-present) .
- Committee member of Continence Group of Chinese Urological Association ( 2013-2019).
- Vice-Chairman of Chinese Pediatric Surgeon Association (2016-present).
- Deputy Editor of Chinese Journal of Pediatric Surgery (2016-present).
Invited speaker and organizer of international education course
- Chair and Speaker of Workshop #960 ICS 2020 Aug. ACCEPTED, ICS Core Curriculum (Free):Updates in Diagnosis and Treatment of Neurogenic Bladder in Children and Adolescent
- Chair, speaker of Workshop ICS 2019 05 September 2019 09:30 W29 ICS Institute - School of Paediatric Voiding Dysfunction and Transitional Urology: Bladder Dysfunction and Enuresis in Children and Adolescent- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Chair, speaker of workshop ICS 2018 (W32), 31 August 2018 14:35 W32 ICS Core Curriculum (Free): Urodynamic study and its role in treatment of neurogenic bladder in children.
- Workshop, Speaker: An overview from the pediatric urologist prospective: neurogenic bladder, posterior urethral valves, bladder exstrophy anorectal malformation, guidelines. International Continence Society 2017 anunual meeting, Florence, Italy
- Speaker: topic: Cystometry and Pressure Flow in Children.17th Aannual Congress of APAPU, 2016; Jan 14-15. Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.
- Organizer: Chairman of 18th Annual Congress of APAPU, 2016; Nov. 11-14. Zhengzhou, China 7. Speaker: ①How to select patientgs for neuromodulation? Urodynamics and other diagnostic tests. ②TENS in children and adolescents.③Neuropathic bladder and Bowel in Young Adults with learining disabilityes. in W21 PARTB (Committee activity) Neuromodulation and Neurostimulation in Children and Adolescents with Neurogenic and Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions (Open Session), ICS annual meeting in Montreal 2015
- Speaker: ICS Teaching model on urodynamics in children: Part 1. Cystometry in children. Part 2 pressure flow study in children. ICS annual meeting Montreal, 8th October 2015
- Speaker. Topic: Pediatric bladder function development and its urodynamic evaluation. In Symposium: Understanding the pediatric bladder. 14th Annual Congress of Asia-Pacific Association of Pediatric Urologists (APAPU) on October 4-6, 2012 at BEXCO Convention Hall in Busan, Korea.
- Chairman of ICS workshop 41 and speaker: time: 14:00-17:00, Tuesday 16th October 2012. The topic: W41 Pediatric bladder function development, urodynamic evaluation and treatment. Co speaker: JC Djurhuus, S Rittig, TM Jorgensen. 42th ICS annual meeting Beijing 2012 (15th – 19th 20112)
- Organizer and speaker. International Children’s Continence Society (ICCS) course in Zhengzhou, China, April 26-28 (Friday-Sunday), 2013.
- Speaker. Topic: Melamine related urinary stone in Chinese children. 15th Annual Congress of Asia-Pacific Association of Pediatric Urologists (APAPU) on October 25-27, 2013 at Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Taipei.
More than 600 research papers have been published either in Chinese or English.
Examples of Publication
- Wang XZ, Wen YB, Shang XP, Wang YH, Li YW, Li TF, Li SL, Yang J, Liu YJ, Lou XP, Zhou W, Li X, Zhang JJ, Song CP, Jorgensen CS, Rittig S, Bauer S, Mosiello G, Wang QW, Wen JG. The infiuence of delay elimination communication on the prevalence of primary nocturnal enuresis-a survey from Mainland China [J]. Neurourol Urodyn 2019;38:1423-1429
- Hashim H, Blanker MH, Drake MJ, Djurhuus JC, Meijlink J, Morris V, Petros P, Wen JG, Wein A.International Continence Society (ICS) report on the terminology for nocturia and nocturnal lower urinary tract function[J].Neurourol Urodyn,2019,38(2):499-508
- Zhu W, Che Y, Wang Y, Jia Z, Wan T, Wen J, Cheng J, Ren C, Wu J, Li Y, Wang Q.Study on neuropathological mechanisms of primary monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis in children using cerebral resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging. Sci Rep. 2019 Dec 16;9(1):19141..
- Xing D, Wang YH, Wen YB, Li Q, Feng JJ, Wu JW, Jia ZM, Yang J, Sihoe JD, Song CP, Hu HJ, Franco I, Wen JG. Prevalence and risk factors of overactive bladder in Chinese children: A population-based study. Neurourol Urodyn. 2020 Feb;39(2):688-694.
- He YL, Chen Y, Wen YB, Zhai RQ, Ma Y, Wang JJ, Pu QS, Sihoe JD, Franco I, Wen JG. Changes in bladder function with time following cystostomy in rats. Neurourol Urodyn. 2020 Feb;39(2):565-575.
- Song P, Huang C, Wang Y, Wang Q, Zhu W, Yue Y, Wang W, Feng J, He X, Cui L,Wan T, Wen J. Comparison of desmopressin, alarm, desmopressin plus alarm, and desmopressin plus anticholinergic agents in the management of paediatric monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis: a network meta-analysis. BJU Int. 2019 Mar;123(3):388-400.
- Cui L, Meng Q, Wen J, Gao Z, Yan Z, Tian Y, Xu P, He X, Yu H, Lian P. A Functional Comparison of Treatment of Intrinsic Sphincter Deficiency with Muscle-Derived and Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells. IUBMB Life. 2018 Oct;70(10):976-984.
- Wen JG, Djurhuus JC, Rosier PFWM, Bauer SB. ICS educational module: Cystometry in children. Neurourol Urodyn. 2018 Nov;37(8):2306-2310.
- Ren CC, Zhu W, Wang QW, Lu YT, Wang Y, Zhang GX, Xie JF, Wu JW, Jia ZM, Zhang T, Su ZQ, Wen JG. The renal protect function of erythropoietin after release of bilateral ureteral obstruction in a rat model. Clin Sci (Lond). 2018 Sep 22;132(18):2071-2085.
- Wen JG, Djurhuus JC, Rosier PFWM, Bauer SB. ICS educational module: Pressure flow study in children. Neurourol Urodyn. 2018 Nov;37(8):2311-2314.
- Li Y, Wen Y, He X, Li Y, Wu J, Feng J, Wang Q, Wen J. Application of clean intermittent catheterization for neurogenic bladder in infants less than 1 year old. Neuro Rehabilitation. 2018;42(4):377-382.
- Song P, Wen Y, Huang C, Wang W, Yuan N, Lu Y, Wang Q, Zhang T, Wen J. The efficacy and safety comparison of surgical treatments for stress urinary incontinence: A network meta-analysis. Neurourol Urodyn. 2018 Apr;37(4):1199-1211.
- Hua C, Wen Y, Zhang Y, Feng Q, He X, Li Y, Wu J, Feng J, Bauer SB, Wen J. The value of synchro-cystourethrometry for evaluating the relationship between urethral instability and overactive bladder. Int Urol Nephrol. 2018 Mar;50(3):441-449.
- Li YL, Wen JJ, Wen YB, He XF, Wu JW, Li YW, Han ZJ, Feng JJ, Yan SH, Li SL, Heesakkers JP, Gao WS, Wen JG. Reconstruction of bladder function and prevention of renal deterioration by means of end-to-side neurorrhaphy in rats with neurogenic bladder. Neurourol Urodyn. 2018 Apr;37(4):1272-1280..
- Gao W, He X, Li Y, Wen J. The effects of FK1706 on nerve regenerationand bladder function recovery following an end-to-side neurorrhaphy in rats.Oncotarget. 2017Oct10;8:94345-943
- Wu JW, Xing YR, Wen YB, Li TF, Xie JF, Feng QD, Shang XP, Li YL, Feng JJ, Wang XX, Zhai RQ, He XF, Chen T, Liu XJ, Wen JG. Prevalence of Spina Bifida Occultaand and Its Relationship With Overactive Bladder in Middle-Aged and Elderly Chinese People. Int Neurourol J. 2016;20:151-8.
- Wen JG, Lu YT, Cui LG, Bower WF, Rittig S, Djurhuus JC. Bladder function development and its urodynamic evaluation in neonates and infants less than 2 years old. Neurourol Urodyn. 2015;34(6):554-60.
- Wen L, Wen YB, Wang ZM, Wen JG, Li ZZ, Shang XP, Liu ZS, Jia LH, Qin GJ, Heesakkers J, Corcos J, Djurhuus JC. Risk factors of nocturia (two or more voids per night) in Chinese people older than 40 years. Neurourol Urodyn. 2015;34(6):566-70.
- Wen JG, Ren CC, Chen Y, Lu YT, Yang L, Cui LG, Wen L, Jia LH, Li YL, Zhang Q. Free voiding patterns in preterm and full-term newborn infants are different between males and females. Acta Paediatr. 2014 Oct;103(10):e450-3
- Jianguo W, Zhenzhen L,Xianghua L,Zhanzheng Z,Suke S,Suyun W. Serum and urinary procollagen III aminoterminal propeptide as a biomarker of obstructive nephropathy in children. Clin Chim Acta.2014,434:29-33.
- Wen L, Wen YB, Wang ZM, Wen JG, Li ZZ, Shang XP, Liu ZS, Jia LH, Qin GJ, Heesakkers J, Corcos J, Djurhuus JC. Risk factors of nocturia (two or more voids per night) in Chinese people older than 40 years. Neurourol Urodyn. 2014 Apr 30.
- Wen JG, Li JS, Wang ZM, Huang CX, Shang XP, Su ZQ, Lu YT, Suo ZH, Wang Y, Qin GJ, Zhang WX, Heesakkers JP. The Prevalence and Risk Factors of OAB in Middle-Aged and Old People in China. Neurourol Urodyn. 2014;33(4):387-91.
- Wang YL, Wen JG, Xing L, Zhang Q, Zhang YS, Xu YM. Serious periventricular white matter injury has a significant effect on the voiding pattern of preterm infants. Acta Paediatr. 2014 Mar;103(3):e106-10.
- Wen JG, Cui LG, Li YD, Shang XP, Zhu W, Zhang RL, Meng QJ, Zhang SJ. Urine flow acceleration is superior to Qmax in diagnosing BOO in patients with BPH. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2013;33(4):563-6.
- Wen JG, Yang L, Xing L, Wang YL, Jin CN, Zhang Q. A study on voiding pattern of newborns with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy. Urology. 2012 Jul;80(1):196-9.
- Wen JG, Yang L, Xing L, Wang YL, Jin CN, Zhang Q. A study on voiding pattern of newborns with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy. Urology. 2012 Jul;80(1):196-9.
- Li ZZ, Xing L, Zhao ZZ, Li JS, Xue R, Chandra A, Nørregaard R, Wen JG.Decrease of renal aquaporins 1-4 is associated with renal function impairment in pediatric congenital hydronephrosis. World J Pediatr. 2012 Nov;8(4):335-41.
- Li ZZ, Zhao ZZ, Wen JG, Xing L, Zhang H, Zhang Y. Early alteration of urinary exosomal aquaporin 1 and transforming growth factor β1 after release of unilateral pelviureteral junction obstruction. J Pediatr Surg. 2012 Aug;47(8):1581-6.
- Li Z, Zhao Z, Liu X, Su Z, Shang X, Wen J. Prediction of the outcome of antenatal hydronephrosis: significance of urinary EGF. Pediatr Nephrol. 2012 Dec;27(12):2251-9.
- Li Z, Liu X, Liu S, Gu C, Tian F, Wen J. Urinary heme oxygenase-1 in children with congenital hydronephrosis due to ureteropelvic junction obstruction. Biomarkers. 2012 Aug;17(5):471-6.
- Chen Y, Wen JG, Li Y, Li YD, Li ZZ, Konttinen YT. Twelve-hour daytime observation of voiding pattern in newborns <4 weeks of age. Acta Paediatr. 2012;101(6):583-6.
- Li ZZ, Xing L, Zhao ZZ, Li JS, Xue R, Chandra A, Nørregaard R, Wen JG. Decrease of renal aquaporins 1-4 is associated with renal function impairment in pediatric congenital hydronephrosis. World J Pediatr. 2012;8(4):335-41.
- Li ZZ, Zhao ZZ, Wen JG, Xing L, Zhang H, Zhang Y. Early alteration of urinary exosomal aquaporin 1 and transforming growth factor β1 after release of unilateral pelviureteral junction obstruction. J Pediatr Surg. 2012;47(8):1581-6.
- Li Z, Zhao Z, Liu X, Su Z, Shang X, Wen J. Prediction of the outcome of antenatal hydronephrosis: significance of urinary EGF. Pediatr Nephrol. 2012;27(12):2251-9.
- Li Z, Liu X, Liu S, Gu C, Tian F, Wen J. Urinary heme oxygenase-1 in children with congenital hydronephrosis due to ureteropelvic junction obstruction.Biomarkers. 2012;17(5):471-6.
- Wen JG, Chang QL, Lou AF, Li ZZ, Lu S, Wang Y, Wang YL, Hu JH, Mao SP, Zhang Y, Xue R, Ren C, Xing L, Zhang GX, Zhang S, Djurhuus JC, Frøkiaer J.Melamine-related urinary stones in 195 infants and young children: clinicalfeatures within 2 years of follow-up. Urol Int. 2011;87(4):429-33.
- Wang QW, Song DK, Zhang XP, Wu YD, Zhang RL, Wei JX, Wen JG. Urodynamic parameters development and complications of clean intermittentself-catheterization in Chinese schoolchildren with neurogenic underactive bladder. Urol Int. 2011;86(4):461-5.
- Wen JG, Li ZZ, Zhang H, Wang Y, Zhang RF, Yang L, Chen Y, Wang JX, Zhang SJ. Melamine related bilateral renal calculi in 50 children: single center experience in clinical diagnosis and treatment. J Urol. 2010;183(4):1533-7.
- Wen JG, Li ZZ, Zhang H, Wang Y, Wang G, Wang Q, Nielsen S, Djurhuus JC, Frøkiaer J. Expression of renal aquaporins is down-regulated in children with congenital hydronephrosis. Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2009;43(6):486-93.
- Wen JG, Wang GX, Chen Y, Ringgaard S, Vinter-Jensen L, Jørgensen TM, Li Z, Stødkilde-Jørgensen H, Nielsen S, Djurhuus JC, Frøkiaer J. Long-term EGF treatment partially prevents reduction of renal blood flow in response to neonatally induced partial unilateral ureteral obstruction. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2009;111(2):e51-9.
- Wang QW, Wen JG, Zhu QH, Zhang GX, Yang K, Wang Y, Zhu ZQ, Li ZZ, Zhang RL,Yang YF, Wei JX. The effect of familial aggregation on the children with primary nocturnal enuresis. Neurourol Urodyn. 2009;28(5):423-6.
- Wen JG, Li ZZ, Zhang H, Wang Y, Wang G, Wang Q, Nielsen S, Djurhuus JC, Frøkiaer J.Expression of renal aquaporins is down-regulated in children with congenital hydronephrosis.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2009;43(6):486-93.
- Wen JG, Pedersen M, Dissing TH, Stodkilde-Jorgensen H, Jorgensen TM, Djurhuus JC, Frokiaer J.Evaluation of complete and partially obstructed kidneys using Gd-DTPA enhanced dynamic MRI in adolescent swine.Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2008 18(5):322-7.
- Wen JG, Wang QW, Zhang GX. Normal voiding pattern and bladder dysfunction in infants and children. Life Science Journal 2007, 4(4)1-9.
- Wen JG, Che YY, Dong L, Wang QW, Zhang X, Zhang P, Liu K. Urodynamic study on primipara and bipara after parturition.Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2007, 42(7):453-6.
- Wang QW, Wen JG, Song DK, Su J, Zhu QH, Liu K, Che YY, Du AM, Wei JX. Bed-wetting in Chinese children: Epidemiology and predictive factors. Neurourol Urodyn. 2007,26(4):512-7 20. Wang QW, Wen JG, Zhang RL，etc. Family and segregation studies: 411 Chinese children with primary nocturnal enuresis. Pediatr Int. 2007, 49(5):618-22。
- Wen JG, Wang QW, Wen JJ, Su J, Chen Y, Liu K, Yang HY. Development of nocturnal urinary control in Chinese children younger than 8 years old. Urology. 2006，68(5):1103-8.
- Wang QW, Wen JG, Song DK, Su J, Che YY, Zhang P, Du AM, Wang DX, Zhu QH, Wei JX. Is it possible to use urodynamic variables to predict upper urinary tract dilatation in children with neurogenic bladder-sphincter dysfunction? BJU Int. 2006，98(6):1295-300.
- Wen JG, Wang QW, Chen Y, Wen JJ, Liu K. An epidemiological study of primary nocturnal enuresis in Chinese children and adolescents. Eur Urol. 2006，49(6): 1107-13
- Wen JG, Ringgaard S, Frokiaer J, Jorgensen TM, Stodkilde-Jorgensen H, Djurhuus JC. Experimental partial unilateral ureter obstruction: Monitoring the renal hemodynamic and morphological changes since newborn rats by high-field magnetic resonance. Uro Res; 2002; 30：205 – 212.
- Wen JG, Frokiaer J, Zhao JB, Ringgaard S, Jorgensen TM, Djurhuus JC. Severe partial ureteric obstruction in newborn rats can produce renal dysplasia. BJU Int. 2002;89(7):740-745.
- Wen JG. Partial unilateral ureteral obstruction in rats. Neurourol Urodyn. 2002;21(3):231-50.
- Wen JG, Yeung CK, Chu WC, Shit FK, Metreweli C. Video cystometry in young infants with renal dilation or a history of urinary tract infection. Uro Res 2001; 29：249-255
- Wen JG, Yeung CK, Djurhuus JC. Cystometry techniques in female infants and children. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2000;11(2):103-12.
- Wen JG, Chen Y, Ringgaard S, Frokiaer J, Jorgensen TM, Stodkilde-Jorgensen H, Djurhuus JC.Evaluation of renal function in normal and hydronephrotic kidneys in rats using gadolinium diethylenetetramine-pentaacetic acid enhanced dynamic magnetic resonance imaging. J Urol. 2000 Apr;163(4):1264-70.
- Wen JG, Ringgaard S, Frokiaer J, Jorgensen TM, Stodkilde-Jorgensen H, Djurhuus JC.Contralateral compensatory kidney growth in rats with partial unilateral ureteral obstruction monitored by magnetic resonance imaging. J Urol. 1999 Sep;162(3 Pt 2):1084-9.
- Wen JG, Frokiaer J, Jorgensen TM, Djurhuus JC.Obstructive nephropathy: an update of the experimental research.Urol Res. 1999;27(1):29-39.
- Wen JG, Chen Y, Froklaer J, Jorgensen TM, Djurhuus JC. Experimental partial unilateral ureter obstruction. I. Pressure flow relationship in a rat model with mild and severe acute ureter obstruction. J Urol. 1998;160(4):1567-71.
- Wen JG, Tong EC. Cystometry in infants and children with no apparent voiding symptoms.Br J Urol. 1998;81(3):468-73.
Prof Jian Guo Wen declared on the Wednesday 18th January 2023 that they did not have any existing or known future financial relationships or affiliations to disclose (NONE).
UP TO DATE!